Sunday, April 18, 2010

Herbie & Ginny Clarke




Herbert Francis Clarke, Jr. (1928-1994) was Grampy Clarke's 2nd born son.



He married Virginia Holmes (1929-1983), born to William & Ardelle Holmes of Falmouth in July of 1945, when she was only 15 years of age, and he was 17. They had seven kids, and seventeen grandchildren.

Ginny was well loved by the whole family, and her passing at only 52 years of age of kidney disease was very tragic for the family. Herbie passed 11 years later, after a long battle with cancer, and a second marriage to Hazel Pelletier of Casco.

My mom worked with Uncle Herbie out to Prout's Neck as landscapers for homes of the wealthy.

Scarborough (1956)
Herbie's House
(Brother in law Buck Brewer showing off his new Ford Fairlane)




HERBIE & GINNY AND FAMILY (1963)
SCARBOROUGH, MAINE

1 comment:

  1. Herb and Ginny was always close to me. I loved them so much !
    We had a lot of fun going to the dances, or just hanging out
    at their house drinking coffee and telling jokes. Always in my
    heart and on my mind.I miss them so much !

    ReplyDelete